We are offering a $1,000 sign on bonus!
The Insurance Billing Associate (known internally as Revenue Cycle Associate (RCA)) position, while having a specific focus, is designed to be highly cross-functional. An RCA will initially specialize in one of the following areas:
· Data entry, processing, and resolution of assigned errors and rejections related to the submission of billing files
· Work closely with other members of the Customer Care Center, patients, payors, and physicians to ensure missing or incorrect information is resolved timely.
· Post payments and adjustments timely and accurately in accordance with department guidelines.
· Follow-up on unpaid claims, determine, and perform the appropriate next step – contact insurance payors and patients, file appeals, and ensure denials are resolved timely.
· Perform patient insurance eligibility verification for all claims requiring follow-up.
· Data entry and corrections in system including updates to permanent patient demographics.
· Processing and resolution of errors, rejections, and denials related to the submission of billing files.
· Research missing or erroneous information on orders including outreach and identification of unknown payors.
· Timely and accurately post a high volume of patient, insurance and/or Medicare payments both electronically and manually.
· Reconcile all batches to the deposit on a daily basis.
· Timely and accurate posting of all approved adjustments and refunds of overpayments.
· Process resubmissions and appeals for denied claims.
· Review Accounts Receivable Reports to identify problematic accounts/payors trends.
· Route write off requests for any uncollectible Accounts Receivable.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications
Necessary Education & Experience
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.