The LatAm Sales & Marketing Director is responsible to provide effective leadership and strategic direction for the LATAM distributors markets in advancing our corporate presence and widening the market for Exact Sciences portfolio. The candidate will be a key contributor to our international growth plans and will also be directly responsible to leverage relationships with key opinion leaders and other physicians in the fields of cancer treatment to enlist their assistance in initiating programs and activities which will promote appropriate adoption and reimbursement of GHI technologies in cancer treatment. The position will report to the Head of SEMEA and LATAM Region and will work in close cooperation with Manager and inter-departmental stakeholders. This position is field based.
The ideal candidate will have experience in commercializing Oncology/diagnostic products and/or Medical Devices in the Region combined with a proven direct involvement and track record in driving performance and deliver results in a timely and efficient manner.
Include but are not limited to the following:
• Development and execution of the strategies and tactical plans for private and public health sectors’ adoption and reimbursement with special focus on Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
• Establish effective governance mechanisms of distribution partners
• Develops and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and professional organizations in LatAm.
• Works closely with Market Access/Reimbursement to leverage all funding opportunities; sets up specific funding programs to help patients have access to Oncotype DX.
• Partners with Finance to address foreign currencies exchange impact, and pricing impact on unit volume and revenue; implements our solutions into business contracts.
• Identifies and negotiates with partners in new territories.
• Define priorities, timelines and overall business plan in line with the Company strategy
• Conduct continuous assessment of the local business opportunities, establish the key goals in prioritized markets and support the development of the Business plan with focus on the key markets
• Delivers profitable sales through the effective use of resources to ensure sales targets are achieved/exceeded demonstrating personal accountability
• Keeps abreast of market and environmental changes by gathering competitive intelligence and provide input to the overall long range and operating corporate plans.
• Ability to travel 60% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
• 15+ years of marketing experience with international pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, or lab corporation (oncology experience across multiple countries preferred)
• Bachelor's degree required (MBA, MD, or PhD strongly preferred)
• 3+ years of professional experience with Java and/or Pascal programming languages.
• In-depth understanding of commercialization of healthcare products and/or molecular diagnostics across multiple countries in LatAm.
• Strong presentations and writing skills in English and Spanish.
• Proven track-record in a variety of commercial roles including sales and key account management, sales leadership, sales training, and marketing
• Demonstrated leadership in working with cross-functional departments in an international environment
• Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel macros and pivot tables and Word mail merge.
• Coursework or professional working knowledge of SQL queries.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.